Our latest report covering analysis on the talk of Mobile World Congress is now available - here is a summary of the findings:
- New software and a new tablet were key drivers of the debate on the 8th Feb:
- Myriad Group’s Alien Dalvik software came to the forefront of discussion as news spread that it would feature at MWC and launch later this year for MeeGo-based devices.
- Images of Huawei’s IDEOS S7 Slim tablet sparked excitement online.
- Closely following Myriad Group and Huawei in terms of attention was LG. Teaser videos for the companies two new 3D devices were discussed:
- A clip of the Optimus 3D handset, displaying its dual-lens camera was picked up by some influential stakeholders and spread quickly online.
- The video of the G-Slate (Optimus Pad) was not so hotly discussed as its anaglyphic system, presenting two images – one in blue and one in red – and requiring the user to sport glasses in order to obtain the 3D effect, was described as “basic”: androidcommunity.com.
- Despite fast approaching the launch of the event, debate so far in Feb has been lower than it was during the second half of Jan. That said, Monday 7th Feb marked the Monday with the most discussion since tracking began. Tuesday 8th Feb, however saw less debate than was seen last Tuesday.
As before, if you would like to receive a copy of this report, please contact me; Sophie Hill [email@example.com]. If you have a general interest in the event and analysis relating to it, or want to know how we help companies interpret and understand the discussion around industries, brands, themes and issues then please contact us on 0207 407 7642. You can also subscribe to this RSS feed where we will be posting some of the findings.
*This report was produced using data analysed from the period 27th Sep 2010 – 8th Feb 2011.